In the Midwest you'll find the guy down the street on his tractor wearing something similar to this outfit. Swap out the orange raincoat for a Carhart and the ankle boots for some rubber ones and we're pretty much twins! That farmer doesn't know he is one stylish dude! Anyway, denim from head to toe can be a tricky thing so here are a few tips for pulling it off.
1. DO mix up the wash - if you're wearing a lighter denim on the top, keep it contrasting with a darker denim on the bottom.
2. DO add in colored denim - black and white denim will always pair perfectly with a blue denim top or vice versa.
3. DON'T wear the same shade of denim from head to toe.
4. DO wear distressed denim to mix up the textures.
5. DO dress it up. Pair it with heels or sneaks and it's a definite win!
This rain jacket/trench coat is from Banana Republic a couple years ago and the jeans I'm wearing are the toothpick ankle jeans (linked) from J.Crew but there is an identical pair (also linked) from J.Crew Factory that are currently 50% off. Happy shopping!