I was up before the sun today to make sure I was one of the first ones to get my hands on the Victoria Beckham for Target Collection. It launched this morning and when Target opened, I was ready!
I noticed a couple different themes running through the collection. Half of the collection is retro with bright colors and modern hemlines and half of the collection is more classic, incorporating stripes and gingham with more mainstream colors. I tend to gravitate toward more classic styles but also tried on a couple things I wouldn't have necessarily grabbed from go.
Here we go:
1. Yellow applique tank top - This piece is so so so cute but only available online and I think it might sell out quick. I love the retro color and the floral appliques sweeten it up! I linked it for you in case it comes back in stock!
2. White button up peplum top - I tried on this white top in the store and absolutely loved it! If I didn't already have something similar it would have come home with me!
3. Navy blue applique sweatshirt - I also tried this on and it felt and fit like a dream. I love the idea of something cozy and cute. I didn't buy it and now I'm kicking myself for it! Maybe there's still time to get my hands on it!
4. Orange scalloped romper - This was something that I've been eyeing since Target started advertising this collection and I couldn't wait to try it on. The fabric and color were absolutely perfect but the fit on me was off. The small was too short and pulled up in the crotch (is that appropriate?!) area and the medium was way to big in the waist and chest. Unfortunately this piece did not come home with me but I would definitely recommend it to someone a little shorter.
5. and 6. Fuchsia tank and pants - I love the idea of this fuchsia two piece outfit and it was another thing I'd been eyeing. I tried the small in the top and it fit perfect and was just the right length. I grabbed the 4 and the 6 in the bottoms and on both the pants were really long (I'm 5'9"). The size 4 (which I typically wear) was a little snug. The size 6 fit good but they are meant to hug your thighs and butt and that's not really my style so I passed on this one. It would definitely be perfect for someone taller with maybe a little less booty that me!
7. and 8. Petal sleeve top and skirt - I didn't try either of these on but the concept is so cute. This is the outfit showcased in the commercials and it looks absolutely darling. If I end up going back and it's still available I'm definitely going to try it on.
9. Gingham peplum top - I LOVE this! The fabric is so thick and structured with just the right amount of peplum flare at the bottom. I originally tried this on in a x-small and while the body fit, the shoulders were just a little tight. I ended up taking this one home in a small and can't wait to style it!
10. Striped dress - I've been eyeing this one for a while as well and I was thrilled to see it in the store. I tried this in a small and while it's a little oversized, it was perfect! The sleeves have an interesting split cap and the waist is cinched in just the right spot! I would definitely recommend you pick this up if you see it!
11. and 12. One shoulder scalloped dresses - I love both of these dresses and these are one of the few pieces available online. The orange one was in my store this morning and the color is even more fun and vibrant in person. I was really close to buying the orange version (the black wasn't at my store) but I'm not sure I have any purpose for it right now. I don't really have any spring events where it would be appropriate and so far, no weddings to attend, so I passed on it!
I hope this gives you some insight into the collection and that you were able to get your hands on a few pieces. Most of the collection is only available in stores but I imagine that more things will be available online (if they don't sell out in stores) as the days go on. So if you're interested in something I'd keep checking!